Health insurance in the netherlands
What we offer:
Let us advise you free of charge!
Health Insurance Netherlands
If you work in The Netherlands you are legally obliged to take out a basic health insurance. Even if you have a part-time job or paid internship.
And no later than 4 months after arriving. Even if you already have health insurance in another country.
Health insurance is compulsory from the time you register with a Dutch municipality or start working for a Dutch employer. You have 4 months to take out health insurance. In the meantime, you will be covered under the standard health insurance package.
If you take out insurance within 4 months, you will have to pay premiums afterwards for those first months you were covered. We can arrange your Health Insurance within 2 days and everything is in English even our insurance advisors.
Heath insurance coverage
The basic insurance plan is already quite extensive and is more or less equal for all health insurance companies.
This insurance covers essential medical care, such as:
- Visits and treatments by a general practitioner
- Hospital care and other medical care, operations and treatments performed by doctors and physicians, such as surgeons, paediatricians, cardiologists and oncologists.
- Physiotherapy (only for some chronic conditions)
- Dental care (until the age of 18)
- Pregnancy and birth care
- Emergency transport
- Emergency medical care abroad (according to Dutch standards and tariffs)
Our tips & tricks
Want to know more?
Please contact us. Our personal advisors are at your service.
Andre van Pelt